Thursday, January 27, 2011

XIV

xiv 1

Took advantage of DineLA week to try out XIV. It wasn't my first choice, but it was a restaurant I had heard good things about. I remember this location way back in the day, it was Coconut Teaser, yes I'm old.

xiv 3

We arrived for our 6:30 reservations on time, but we were not seated until the entire party was in attendance. We had a nice table near the fireplace and also a nice view of the kitchen pass. The prix fixe menu had a standard variety of dishes and my approach was to try out the more unique dishes, sorta. I did order a chicken dish for my entree.

xiv 5

Before we ordered, a nice individual basket of garlic naan bread and some type of herbed yogurt was delivered, it was really good.

xiv 6

Started out with the Butternut Squash Bisque with Spiced Marshmellow, Salted Peanuts and Apples. My entree was the Jidori Chicken with Mac and cheese and broccoli. Last but not least, my dessert was the Bourbon Glazed Doughnuts and Banana Ice Cream.

xiv 9

xiv 7

The bisque was poured at the table and was the only disappointing dish I had all night. I felt it was a bit bland and could have had more spice. My chicken dish was a nice portion and well seasoned. The chicken could have been a bit more juicy, but was still good. The mac and cheese had a very sharp cheese flavor and the little elbow macaroni were cooked al dente.

xiv 8

When dessert arrived, the plating of the doughnuts looked beautiful. The doughnuts were a bit heavy but matched with the ice cream it was a nice ending. We also ordered the Root Beer Float with Chocolate Chip Cookies. I was told the cookies were the amazing, and I must admit they were pretty awesome chocolate chip cookies, chocolate all the way through.

xiv 10

The service was pretty good, but I thought there could have been more descriptions given for items being served. I'm looking forward to another visit and experiencing the entire menu.

No comments:

Post a Comment