Sunday, July 3, 2011

Village Idiot

village_idiot

It was July 4th weekend and I expected lunch here to be crowded. It wasn't, got seated right away. A DJ was playing some good tunes and the menu looked interesting.

One dish jumped out at me, it was a sandwich. The ingredients were as follows: cannellini beans, goat jack cheese, pickled jalapenos, arugula and a chipotle tomato sauce for dipping. All of these ingredients sound good together and very different from anything I've had before. I asked how the beans were prepared and they told me it was like a "patty". I decided to add a fried egg to this sandwich.

When the sandwich arrived the first thing I noticed was the bread. It wasn't a crusty artisan style roll, but more like the hoagie rolls you can get at the market. I prefer a bit of a crust. The cannellini beans were more like a spread than a patty. But the overall taste wasn't bad. I could have used more pickled jalapeno, but I liked the unique flavors and creativity behind it.

The atmosphere is nice during the day with large windows and the service was attentive. The cocktails we had were also decent.

No comments:

Post a Comment